How to download YouTube/Google Movies.
YouTube is now a days very popular in making the video files available on web. Good if you are having a highspeed internet available always, but what if you want to make those files to store on your local hard drive and want to watch them later. Well, by simple ways you can’t.
Before I explain you to the method how to download YouTube videos, let me explain you how these videos are made available on internet. YouTube and sites like this (Google videos) has made these vides embed in Flash file and using XML they feed into Flash Player to make those videos playable. Even when you download those videos (after this tutorial) you’ll download an .FLV file instead of MP3, WMV or MOV file.
To download these movies I prefer you to use Mozilla Firefox (‘caz i love it) and ‘caz its plugin makes it easier to download and a player to play FLV file.
- Download Mozilla Firefox and install it.
- Download the VideoDownloader extension from the Mozilla Plugin site.
- Now you’ll be having a small icon in your Firefox status bar.
- Goto the url of YouTube video you want to download and click on the VideoDownloader icon. This will give you the link to .flv file, download it using any download manager you like (Mass Downloader).
- Most of the times the downloaded file will be without any extension, you have to rename it manually and append .flv with the filename.
- Now when you are done with downloading, its turn to download .flv player. Click here to download it.
- Now run the player and give the path to the flv file and enjoy :).
That’s it. Now you can enjoy the videos without internet and can make a collection at your hard drive.